Bridgend Male Choir Choristers' Website

  Keeping up to date

Who Are We?

We are a group of men from all walks of life with a love of singing and are always on the look out for others to share our joy of singing through our concerts and rehearsals or just as importantly at social events and tours.


We are always looking to welcome new members.  So, if  you are male, can sing in tune (note: only 5% of people cannot process musical sounds properly which suggests the remaining 95% can) and enjoy good humour and company you will fit in very well!  You do not need to be able to read music nor sing a solo – we also welcome those that can read music of course.  

Rehearsals take place each Thursday evening from 7.30pm to 9.30 pm in Oldcastle School, South St, Bridgend CF31 3ED. 

If you are interested in joining the Choir or wish to 'sit in' at one of our practises (to check us out) please contact our Secretary, Gareth on 01656 862037 or  077 7317 0373  or come along before rehearsals begin (around 7.00pm) and make yourself known. 


The true beauty of music is that it connects people. It carries a message, and we, the musicians are the messengers. (Roy Ayers)   

 November 2018

BRIDGEND MALE CHOIR                 COMMITTEE 2018/19


Chairman                                                 Gareth Davies

Vice Chairman                                         Dr. Peter K Morgan

Secretary                                                  Gareth Reese

Assistant Secretary                                John Barrey

Treasurer                                                 Mike Price

Assistant Treasurer                                Russell Lewis

Media Officer                                           Mike Johnson

Registrar                                                  Alun Roberts-Jones

Registrar                                                  John Gould

Librarian                                                  Jimmy Thomas

Welfare Officer                                        Mansel Abraham

Committee                                               John Hopkins

Committee                                               Robert Owen

Congratulations to Brian Davies, Second Tenor, on his first official staging at St. Mary's R.C. Church Bridgend last night. Proud to have you on board Brian.

Congratulations to Top Tenor David Deeley (left) and Bottom Bass Dave Cole-Wines (right) on their first official staging at St. Cuthbert's Church Wells last Saturday. The first of many. Well done guys.

January 2019 It was great to see so many of our latest choristers stage for the first time recently. Congratulations lads and a huge warm welcome to the ranks of BMC (from left to right)

Gwyn Lewis (Top Tenor), David Deeley (Top Tenor), Stephen Bevan (Top Tenor), Huw Jenkins (2nd Tenor), Brian Davies (2nd Tenor), Dylan Gibbs (Bottom Bass), David Cole (Bottom Bass), Robert Hood (Baritone).

2018 07  What a night it must have been for our 3 new choristers who staged at this year's Welsh Proms. The most amazing Brass & Voices Prom with the Massed Male Choirs of Bridgend, Cwmbach, Côr Meibion Morlais & Côr Meibion Pontarddulais and the Massed Bands of Lewis Merthyr & RAF St Athan, all led by the Maestro Owain Arwel Hughes with a standing ovation from an audience of more than 1100 in attendance.

A warm welcome to Rob Owen (Tenor), Wayne Robinson (Bass) and Jeff Jones (Bass).  A real baptism of fire

2017 10 At this year's Annual Concert a warm welcome was given to 3 new choristers who staged for the first time - Arwyn Reynolds (Tenor) Salvatore Cannatella (Baritone) and Ryan Clatworthy (Tenor). Gentlemen, your first 'staging' is always a night to remember, hope this was one to savour......

87 choristers staged at the 'Annual' this year which if records are correct is 5 more than ever before. Also, Ryan at 24 years old is believed to be the youngest ever member of the choir.

July 2017 A big welcome to Mike Johnson on his debut .  Mike has joined the baritones ranks and recently staged in the concert at St. Cuthbert's Church, Wells, Somerset in support of St. Margaret's Hospice.

July 2017

The Welsh Proms (Brass & Voices) saw second tenor, Dr Gareth Parry stage for his first concert with the Choir.  What an introduction!!!

March 2017

It is always a great pleasure to welcome new recruits and especially so when they make their debut. The latest to join the ranks are Peter Meredith (Baritone), John Jones (2nd Tenor) and Brian Leppard (Bass). Peter's debut was the 1st March Urdd Concert at Bryntirion while John and Brian staged at the Three Choirs Concert in St Mary's RC Church on the 17th.

The Lifers

November 2017

This years AGM saw Peter Anderson, Mansel Abraham, Leon Evans, Alun Roberts-Jones and Mike Price presented with certificates recognising over 40 years’ service with Bridgend Male Choir. 

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.